In 2015, we took on a Fortune 100 manufacturer and applied our proven freight claim processing method. We developed a set of formal freight claim procedures which included:
- Implementing a process to ensure that the web-based freight claim management system was used for all claims
- Developing forms and guidelines to ensure that the correct amount was claimed
- For example, processes & check lists to determine what charges could be added to the invoice cost, as a part of the freight claim
- Developing a freight claim check list to ensure complete documentation was included with the claim
- Setting up a formal follow-up procedure
- Providing examples of court rulings and precedents applying to their product line and shipments that would be used in challenging carrier declinations
- This allows our client to continue to receive the most from their carriers, even without our ongoing help
- Formalizing monthly and YTD reporting that identified root causes of freight claims
- This allows us to reduce the number of claims filed annually
- For example, these reports identified carriers, products and/or locations that were the cause of claims
- Reopening freight claims that were underpaid and collecting additional dollars
- Reopening freight claims that were denied to get them paid and resolved in our client’s favor
Here’s a summary of the results of our new claim program:
- Recovered $3.5 million in claims in just 2.5 years
- Recovered $2,648,000 in the last 18 months
- Recovered $290,000 in just one month this year
- Recovered an additional $55,000 through our Small Parcel Program – recovered entirely with claims for less than $100 each.
Looking for more information on our past results? Download our MyEZClaim Case Study.
Want to see how CDS can improve your own bottom line? Contact us to find out what we can do for you.